Delicious Badam Kheer Recipe: A Sweet Treat to Enjoy!
Badam kheer is a classic and delicious Indian dessert made with almonds, milk, and sugar. It is also known as almond payasam, badam payasam, or badam kheeram. This creamy and sweet dessert is perfect for any special occasion or just as a comforting treat.
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of blanched almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of saffron threads (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of raisins (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pistachios (optional)
- In a pan, heat the milk over medium heat and bring it to a gentle boil.
- Add the sugar and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the milk for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped almonds and stir to combine.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cardamom powder, saffron threads, raisins, and chopped pistachios, if using. Stir to combine.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.
Badam kheer can be served hot or cold. It can be served with a dollop of cream or a scoop of ice cream. You can also garnish it with some chopped pistachios or almonds. It also pairs nicely with puri or chapati.
- If you don’t have blanched almonds, you can use raw almonds. Just soak them in warm water for about 10 minutes before chopping them.
- You can also use almond extract instead of blanched almonds for a more intense almond flavor.
- If you don’t have cardamom powder, you can use ground cardamom.
- You can also add some saffron milk to the kheer for a more flavorful and fragrant dessert.
- You can also add some rose water for a unique flavor.
Badam kheer can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.