Delicious Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
What is Blueberry Cobbler?
Blueberry cobbler is a classic dessert made with a sweet biscuit-like topping and a juicy blueberry filling. It’s easy to make and can be enjoyed warm or cold. It’s perfect for a summertime treat or a cozy winter night.
To make a blueberry cobbler, you’ll need:
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
Making the Filling
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir until everything is evenly mixed.
Making the Biscuit Topping
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, butter, walnuts (if using), baking powder, and milk until a crumbly dough forms.
Assembling and Baking
Spread the blueberry filling into a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Sprinkle the biscuit topping over the filling.
Bake for 35–40 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
Allow the blueberry cobbler to cool slightly before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!