Create a Delicious Minecraft Cake with This Easy Recipe!
Minecraft Cake Recipe
Minecraft is a popular sandbox video game that has been around since 2011. This game has become a favorite of many people, young and old. If you have a Minecraft fan in your life, why not surprise them with a Minecraft-themed cake?
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 containers of white frosting
- Green, blue, and brown food coloring
- Candy cubes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, and water in a large bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two cake pans. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, mix together the two containers of white frosting in a large bowl. Divide the frosting into three separate bowls.
- Add green food coloring to one bowl of frosting, blue food coloring to another, and brown food coloring to the last bowl. Mix each bowl until the desired color is achieved.
- Spread green frosting on top of one cake and blue frosting on top of the other. Place the two cakes together, with the frosting sides facing each other.
- Spread the brown frosting on top of the cake to create the “dirt” effect. (Optional: Add candy cubes to the top of the cake to create a “block” effect.)
Tips and Tricks
- You can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. Chocolate, yellow, or even red velvet would all work.
- You can use any type of frosting you like. If you don’t have white frosting, you can use chocolate, vanilla, or even cream cheese frosting.
Storing the Cake
If you have any leftover cake, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Make sure to store the cake away from any strong-smelling foods, as the frosting can absorb odors.