Carrot, Almond and Orange Cake. Easy recipe from Benedetta.
There are dozens of carrot-based “camilla” cakes, each with some variations and particularities that make them special. A delicious recipe, which uses a tried and tested combination – that is the one between carrots and almonds – is precisely the Carrot, Almond and Orange Cake, which is striking for its goodness, lightness and aroma. The dough, without butter, is in fact enriched with chopped fresh carrots, chopped almonds and orange zest and juice, which flavor it and make it delicious! We will also use almonds for the decoration of our cake, in the form of slices that will toast becoming deliciously crunchy during cooking.
I recommend: for this recipe we choose fresh, firm carrots, which snap when we break them, and untreated oranges: the result will be a genuine cake, soft and moist at the right point! This cupboard dessert is ideal to be enjoyed both at breakfast with a nice juice, and as a snack accompanied by a good tea or infusion.
Carrot, Almond and Orange Cake
Ready to see step by step how to make it and then try it too? Come on, try it and then let me know if you liked it and on what occasion did you taste it!
- 100 gr of almonds
- 300 grams of carrots
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams of sugar
- 80 grams of sunflower oil
- the juice of one orange (about 100 ml)
- 200 grams of flour 00
- 1/2 sachet (8 g) of baking powder
- The grated peel of an orange
- Sliced almonds to taste (to decorate)
- Finely chop the almonds and carrots with a food processor.
- In a bowl, break the eggs and mix with the sugar using the electric whisk.
- We add the oil and then pour the orange juice. We mix with electric whisk.
- Now add the flour, chopped almonds, baking powder and mix again.
- We also add the chopped carrots and the grated orange peel.
- We pour our dough into a 22 cm diameter hinged pan with the bottom covered with parchment paper. We sprinkle the surface with sliced almonds.
- We bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 40-45 minutes, or in a static oven at 190 ° C for the same time.