Cheesecake Bars Cookies and Cream: The Best Recipe
Cheesecake Bars Cookies and Cream are a delicious, easy-to-make dessert that can be enjoyed all year round. This classic combination of creamy cheesecake and crunchy cookies is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Whether you’re serving them as a special treat or simply making them for yourself, these bars are sure to be a hit.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the crust. Sprinkle chopped Oreo cookies over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until center is set. Cool before cutting into bars.
- For a lighter version of these bars, use reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat graham crackers.
- You can substitute other types of cookies for the Oreos. Try using chocolate chip cookies, gingersnaps, or shortbread.
- To add extra flavor, add 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract or orange zest to the cream cheese mixture.
Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
For a rich chocolate flavor, substitute 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips for the Oreos. You can also add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to the cream cheese mixture.
Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
For a fruity twist, add 1 cup of chopped fresh strawberries to the cream cheese mixture. You can also use frozen strawberries that have been thawed and drained. Top with white chocolate chips instead of Oreos.