Lemon Cream Cheese Bars: Perfectly Sweet & Tangy
Cream Cheese Bars Lemon are a sweet and tangy dessert that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. They are made with a creamy cheesecake filling, a tart lemon curd, and a buttery shortbread crust. This easy-to-make treat is perfect for summer gatherings, holidays, and special occasions.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) shortbread cookie crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in vanilla and almond extracts, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and salt. Beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter and cookie crumbs. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is set. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- For extra flavor, try adding a teaspoon of lemon zest to the cream cheese mixture.
- If you don’t have shortbread cookie crumbs, you can use graham cracker crumbs instead.
- To make the bars easier to cut, try chilling them in the refrigerator for at least an hour before cutting into bars.
Cream Cheese Bars Lemon can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months. To freeze, place bars in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
One serving (1 bar) contains approximately 200 calories, 12 grams of fat, 22 grams of carbohydrates, and 3 grams of protein.