Delicious Lemon Bars with a Crispy Shortbread Crust – The Best Recipe!
Lemon bars with shortbread crust are a classic and easy-to-make dessert. The tart and sweet flavors of lemon combined with the buttery shortbread crust makes for a delicious and crowd-pleasing treat. They are perfect for potlucks, barbecues, or just a casual afternoon snack. Plus, they’re quick and simple to make, so you can have them ready in no time.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and powdered sugar. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into bars.
Tips and Variations
- For a different flavor, try using lime juice and zest instead of lemon.
- You can also top the bars with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, a dollop of whipped cream, or a drizzle of melted chocolate.
- For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free flour blend in place of the all-purpose flour.
- You can also make individual lemon bars by using a muffin tin instead of a baking pan.
These lemon bars with shortbread crust are sure to be a hit with everyone! They are easy to make and the tart and sweet flavors of the lemon filling combined with the buttery shortbread crust make for an irresistible dessert. Enjoy!