Delicious Lemon Coconut Bars – The Best Sweet Treat!
Lemon Coconut Bars are a classic and beloved dessert. They are the perfect balance of tart and sweet, and the addition of coconut adds a delightful texture. They’re simple to make and make a great addition to any gathering or special occasion.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar. Mix until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk and lemon juice until combined. Spread over the crust.
- Sprinkle coconut over the top and gently press down. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
These bars are delicious served on their own, but you can also dress them up a bit for a special occasion. Here are some ideas:
Melt 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave. Once melted, drizzle over the bars and let cool before serving.
Top the bars with fresh berries or other fresh fruit for an extra burst of flavor. This also adds a nice pop of color.
Coconut Whipped Cream
Top the bars with a dollop of coconut whipped cream for an extra indulgent treat. You can make your own coconut whipped cream, or buy it pre-made.
These Lemon Coconut Bars are sure to be a hit at any gathering. They’re a classic and beloved dessert that’s easy to make and sure to please. Enjoy!