Delicious Lemon Curd Tartlets: The Best Sweet Treat For Any Occasion
Lemon Curd Tartlets are a delightful sweet treat that is perfect for any occasion. Whether it’s a special dinner party, a birthday, or a holiday, these tartlets are sure to be a hit! They’re light, tart, and full of flavor. Plus, they’re easy to make and look gorgeous on any plate.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Making the Dough
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the cold water and mix with a spoon until a dough forms. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Forming the Tartlets
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 12 circles and place them in the muffin tin.
- Using your fingers, press the dough into the muffin tin, forming a cup shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Filling the Tartlets
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of lemon curd into each cooled tartlet. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
These Lemon Curd Tartlets are sure to be a hit at your next gathering! They’re easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy!