Delicious Lemon Rosemary Cake Recipe: The Perfect Dessert for Every Occasion
Lemon Rosemary Cake is a delicious and unique dessert that is sure to be a hit at any gathering. This cake is light and moist, with a hint of lemon and rosemary that make it a perfect ending to any meal. The combination of flavors is so delightful that you won’t be able to resist!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the lemon juice and rosemary and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and sour cream alternately, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
This Lemon Rosemary Cake is delicious served warm or at room temperature. It can be served as is or topped with a simple glaze made from powdered sugar and lemon juice. It is also delicious with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!