Deliciously Decadent Chocolate Cherry Cake – The Best Recipe
Chocolate Cherry Cake is a classic dessert that combines sweet and tart flavors into a delicious treat. This easy-to-make cake is perfect for any occasion, from a family gathering to a special birthday celebration. The combination of chocolate and cherries creates a delightful balance of flavors that is sure to please any crowd.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped fresh cherries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Fold in the cherries and chocolate chips. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the cake even more special, top with homemade chocolate frosting or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- You can substitute canned cherries for fresh cherries if you like.
- For a decadent twist, add a layer of cherry jam to the middle of the cake before baking.
One slice of Chocolate Cherry Cake contains approximately:
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 3g