Deliciously Decadent Chocolate Covered Oreo Balls
Chocolate Covered Oreo Balls are an indulgent and delicious treat that can be made in no time. They are the perfect party treat, or just an anytime snack. Oreo balls are easy to make and require only a few ingredients. They are also easy to customize and can be made with different flavors of Oreos and different kinds of chocolate. Here’s how to make chocolate covered Oreo balls that are sure to please.
- 1 package of Oreos
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 12-ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: sprinkles, chopped nuts, etc.
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and pulse until they are finely ground.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Oreo crumbs and the softened cream cheese until combined.
- Using a spoon or your hands, roll the Oreo mixture into 1-inch balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Remove the Oreo balls from the freezer and dip each one in the melted chocolate. Use a spoon or a fork to help coat them evenly.
- Place the chocolate-covered Oreo balls back on the parchment-lined baking sheet and top with sprinkles or chopped nuts, if desired.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Making Chocolate Covered Oreo Balls
- Use room temperature cream cheese. This will help the Oreo mixture come together more easily and prevent it from becoming too crumbly.
- Be patient when melting the chocolate. Don’t rush the process by melting the chocolate too quickly or at too high of a temperature. This can cause the chocolate to seize up and become lumpy.
- Use different flavors of Oreos. Try different flavors of Oreos to give your Oreo balls a unique flavor. Mint, peanut butter, and birthday cake are all great options.
- Get creative with the toppings. Try adding different toppings to your Oreo balls. Chopped nuts, sprinkles, and mini chocolate chips are all great options.
Chocolate-covered Oreo balls can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you want to store them for longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. To freeze, place the Oreo balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Once they are frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag and store in the freezer.
Chocolate-covered Oreo balls are a delicious treat that are easy to make and customize. Give them a try and enjoy!