Deliciously Moist Blackberry Lemon Pound Cake – Perfect For Any Occasion!
Blackberry Lemon Pound Cake is an amazing and flavorful combination of sweet and tart flavors. It’s an easy and delicious cake that is perfect for any occasion. The blackberries and lemons give the cake a unique and vibrant flavor, while the butter and sugar add a nice sweetness to the cake.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Stir in the lemon juice and zest.
- Fold in the blackberries and walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving and Storage
This cake can be served warm or cold. It can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week. It also freezes well for up to 3 months.
- For a more intense lemon flavor, add 1 teaspoon of lemon extract.
- For a more tart flavor, use frozen blackberries.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can use regular milk with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.