Deliciously Rich Brown Butter Pecan Cookies – The Best Recipe!
Brown Butter Pecan Cookies are the perfect blend of sweet, salty and nutty flavors. These cookies are chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside, and the brown butter gives them a unique flavor that will have you coming back for more. They’re the perfect treat for any occasion.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and cook until it turns golden brown and smells nutty, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cooled brown butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped pecans. Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To ensure even baking, make sure the cookies are all the same size.
- Be sure to cool the brown butter before adding it to the dough. If it’s too hot, it could melt the sugar and cause the cookies to spread too much.
- For an extra nutty flavor, try toasting the pecans before adding them to the dough.
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
These Brown Butter Pecan Cookies are the perfect sweet and salty treat. They’re sure to be a hit at any gathering. Enjoy!