Deliciously Rich Chocolate Lava Cake – The Best Way to Enjoy a Sweet Treat!
Chocolate Lava Cake is a classic dessert that will never go out of style. It is a moist, decadent cake that is filled with a creamy, chocolatey center. It is an easy-to-make, yet impressive dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
The ingredients for a classic Chocolate Lava Cake include:
- 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 6 ramekins with butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together melted butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly among the 6 ramekins. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Tips and Variations
To add more flavor to the cake, you can add a few drops of almond extract, orange extract or peppermint extract. You can also top the cake with a dusting of powdered sugar or a drizzle of melted chocolate.
The cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, place the cake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350°F.
You can make the cake batter up to a day in advance. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Chocolate Lava Cake is a classic dessert that is sure to please. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this delicious cake in no time. Whether you’re serving it for a special occasion or just as a treat, this cake is sure to be a hit!