Deliciously Sweet and Creamy Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake Recipe
Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake is a classic Italian dessert that is creamy, zesty, and full of flavor. It’s a perfect dessert for any occasion and can be served as an after-dinner treat or a light snack. This recipe is easy to make and will have your guests asking for seconds.
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch springform pan and set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the crust.
In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix until fully combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes and then set aside.
Step 3: Make the filling.
In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, sugar, eggs, flour, salt, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until smooth. Add the heavy cream and sour cream and mix until fully incorporated.
Step 4: Bake the cheesecake.
Pour the filling into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 40 minutes or until the center is set. Let cool completely before slicing.
Tips and Notes
- For a lighter cheesecake, replace the heavy cream with Greek yogurt.
- For a richer flavor, replace the ricotta cheese with cream cheese.
- To prevent cracks in the cheesecake, avoid over-baking.
- For a gluten-free crust, replace the graham crackers with almond flour.
This Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake is a classic Italian dessert that is creamy, zesty, and full of flavor. It’s an easy recipe that will have your guests asking for seconds. Serve it as an after-dinner treat or a light snack and enjoy!