Deliciously Sweet Blueberry Lemon Glazed Doughnuts
Blueberry Lemon Glazed Doughnuts are a delicious treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert. These doughnuts are made with a light and fluffy dough that is flavored with a hint of lemon and topped with a sweet and tart blueberry glaze. The combination of flavors makes these doughnuts an irresistible treat that will leave you wanting more.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Making the Doughnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the doughnuts cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Making the Glaze
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Dip the cooled doughnuts into the glaze and set them on a wire rack to set.
- Enjoy your Blueberry Lemon Glazed Doughnuts!