Deliciously Sweet Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cider Donut Cake Recipe
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cider Donut Cake is a delicious, moist and flavorful cake that is sure to be a hit at any special occasion. This easy to make cake is a combination of all the flavors of a classic apple cider donut and a moist and tender cinnamon sugar cake. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser with its delicious and comforting flavor.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and granulated sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in the vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in the apple cider until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the walnuts, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle the topping over the cake batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Tips and Tricks
If you don’t have apple cider on hand, you can use 1 cup of diced apples instead. Just be sure to reduce the baking time by a few minutes since the apples will release more liquid while baking.
Making it Ahead of Time
This cake can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just be sure to cover the cake tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it from drying out.
This Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cider Donut Cake is delicious served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. It’s also delicious on its own or with a drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce.
This Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cider Donut Cake is sure to be a hit at any special occasion. It’s easy to make, moist and flavorful, and full of all the classic flavors of an apple cider donut. Give this delicious cake a try and you won’t be disappointed!