Deliciously Easy Apple Cobbler Recipe
Apple Cobbler is an easy and delicious dessert that can be made in a matter of minutes. It is the perfect dish to serve to family and friends, and it will leave everyone asking for more. It is a great way to use up those extra apples in your pantry, and the recipe can easily be adapted to suit your taste.
- 4 cups peeled and sliced apples
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine apples, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, butter and walnuts (if desired). Sprinkle over the top of the apple mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Feel free to use any type of apples you like. Granny Smith apples are great for this recipe.
- For a different twist, try adding 1/2 cup of raisins or other dried fruit to the apple mixture.
- If you don’t have walnuts, you can use other nuts such as pecans, almonds or even peanuts.
Gluten-Free Apple Cobbler
- Replace the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour.
- Use gluten-free oats in place of the walnuts.
Crustless Apple Cobbler
- Omit the flour, butter and walnuts.
- Sprinkle the top of the apple mixture with 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- Bake as directed.
No matter which version of Apple Cobbler you make, it is sure to be a hit. It is a great way to use up those extra apples and is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Enjoy!