Delicious French Palmier Cookies Recipe
French Palmier Cookies Recipe
French palmier cookies are a classic French pastry, made from puff pastry dough that is rolled and folded in a special way. They are known for their delicate and crunchy texture, and for their sweet, caramelized flavor. Palmiers are a simple and delicious treat that can be served as an accompaniment to coffee, tea, or dessert.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheet and sprinkle the sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon over the top. Gently press the sugar into the dough with your hands.
- Fold the top and bottom edges of the puff pastry sheet toward the center, creating two “wings” of the dough.
- Fold the left and right sides of the puff pastry sheet toward the center, creating two more “wings” of the dough.
- Fold the dough in half, so that the four “wings” meet in the center. Gently press the edges of the dough together to seal.
- Cut the dough into 1/4-inch slices and place the slices on the prepared baking sheet, about 1/2-inch apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown and crisp.
- Allow the cookies to cool before serving.
- If desired, you can sprinkle additional sugar over the top of the cookies before baking.
- For an extra crunchy texture, bake the cookies for an extra few minutes.
- These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
For a special treat, dip the cooled palmiers in melted chocolate. Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
Add 1/4 cup of finely chopped hazelnuts to the sugar mixture before sprinkling it over the puff pastry. Bake as directed.