Delicious Hot Fudge Cake Recipe
Hot Fudge Cake is a classic American dessert. It’s a chocolate cake made with a rich, gooey hot fudge sauce. It’s a favorite among kids and adults alike. The hot fudge sauce is what makes this cake so special and delicious.
To make this delicious hot fudge cake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Follow these instructions to make your hot fudge cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar, cocoa powder, hot fudge sauce, water, and vanilla extract.
- Stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Pour hot fudge sauce over cake batter and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool before serving.
Hot Fudge Cake is best served warm and topped with ice cream or whipped cream. For an extra special treat, add a drizzle of hot fudge sauce and a sprinkle of nuts or chocolate chips.
Tips and Tricks
- You can make your own hot fudge sauce by combining 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- For a different flavor, try adding a teaspoon of instant coffee or espresso powder to the hot fudge sauce.
- If you don’t have a 9×13 inch pan, you can use two 9 inch round pans. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.