Easy Recipe: How to Make Delicious Palmier Cookies
Palmiers are a classic French pastry cookie that are easy to make and always a hit with family and friends. If you’ve never made them before, you’ll be surprised at how quickly they come together. With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can create delicious palmiers in no time.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Thaw the puff pastry. Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Allow the pastry to thaw for about 15 minutes. If it’s still too cold, let it sit for a few more minutes.
- Prepare the sugar mixture. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Roll out the pastry. Gently roll the pastry out into a large rectangle. Make sure the pastry is rolled out evenly and not too thin.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pastry, making sure to spread it out evenly.
- Fold the pastry. Starting with one long side, fold the pastry over in thirds. Then fold the other side over in thirds. Gently press the edges together.
- Chill the pastry. Place the pastry in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Cut the pastry. Remove the pastry from the refrigerator and cut into ¼-inch thick slices. Place the slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the palmiers. Bake the palmiers at 375°F for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool and enjoy. Allow the palmiers to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
- You can use store-bought puff pastry or make your own.
- For a different flavor, try adding different spices or flavorings to the sugar mixture.
- If the pastry is too sticky, chill it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before rolling it out.
- You can store the palmiers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Palmiers can be flavored with a variety of ingredients. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Chocolate: Add ¼ cup of cocoa powder to the sugar mixture.
- Lemon: Add the zest of 1 lemon to the sugar mixture.
- Cinnamon: Increase the amount of cinnamon to 2 teaspoons.
- Almond: Add 1 teaspoon of almond extract to the sugar mixture.
- Orange: Add the zest of 1 orange to the sugar mixture.