Taste the Best Mango Sticky Rice Recipe
Mango sticky rice is one of the most popular desserts in Thailand and is now becoming a global phenomenon. The combination of sweet mango and creamy coconut-infused sticky rice is simply irresistible.
- 2 cups Thai sticky rice
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Soak the sticky rice in cold water for at least 6 hours.
- Drain the rice and put it in a pot with 2 cups of coconut milk, 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the mangoes into thin slices.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a pan over medium heat until golden brown.
- To assemble the dish, place the cooked sticky rice in a bowl and top with mango slices and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve warm or cold.
Mango sticky rice can be served as a dessert, snack or even as a meal. It can be enjoyed as is, or with a scoop of ice cream or a drizzle of honey. It can also be served with other tropical fruits such as pineapple or papaya.
Per Serving (1/4 cup):
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Total Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Sugar: 13 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Fiber: 3 g