The Best New York-Style Tiramisu Recipe
The Delicious Italian Dessert: Nyt Tiramisu
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert that has been enjoyed for centuries. It is a layered dessert made with ladyfingers, cream, espresso, and cocoa powder. It is typically served cold and is one of the most popular Italian desserts in the world.
History of Tiramisu
Tiramisu is believed to have originated in the city of Treviso, Italy in the 1960s. It is thought to have been created by a pastry chef named Roberto Linguanotto. The dessert is made with ladyfingers, which are soaked in espresso, layered with a mixture of eggs, sugar, and mascarpone cheese, and topped with cocoa powder.
The Nyt Tiramisu Recipe
The Nyt Tiramisu recipe is a modern take on the traditional Italian dessert. This version is made with cream cheese instead of mascarpone cheese, and includes a touch of liqueur for a unique flavor.
- 1/2 cup espresso
- 2 tablespoons liqueur
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 24 ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the espresso, liqueur, sugar, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, and almond extract until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream until combined.
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Dip the ladyfingers in the espresso mixture and arrange them in the pan, overlapping slightly. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Dust the top with the cocoa powder. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator and slice into wedges.
Enjoying Nyt Tiramisu
Nyt Tiramisu is a delicious and unique take on the classic Italian dessert. It’s perfect for any special occasion or just for a sweet treat. Serve it chilled for a light and creamy dessert that everyone will love.