Delicious Oatmeal Raisin Cookies: A Sweet Treat!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are a classic and delicious treat. Whether you’re looking for a sweet snack or a dessert, these cookies are sure to satisfy. Oatmeal raisin cookies are a great option for those looking for a healthier alternative to traditional chocolate chip cookies. They’re made with whole grains, natural sweetness, and plenty of fiber.
To make oatmeal raisin cookies, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 ½ cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
To make oatmeal raisin cookies, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, raisins, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the oat mixture until combined.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving and Storing
Oatmeal raisin cookies are best served warm with a glass of cold milk. They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Oatmeal raisin cookies can be made with a variety of add-ins. Try adding in:
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Dried cranberries
- Shredded coconut
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Oatmeal raisin cookies are a classic and delicious treat. They’re a great option for those looking for a healthier alternative to traditional chocolate chip cookies. With the right ingredients and a few simple steps, you can make a batch of delicious oatmeal raisin cookies in no time.