Delicious Pear Crisp Recipe – Perfect for Any Occasion!
Pear Crisp Recipe
Fruit crisps are a simple and delicious way to enjoy a sweet treat. Pears are a great choice for a crisp as they are incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes. Here’s a delicious pear crisp recipe that is sure to please!
- 3 cups peeled and sliced pears
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour. Toss to coat the pears evenly.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, butter, and walnuts (if using). Use a fork or pastry blender to cut the butter into the oats until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the pear mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the pears are tender.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
- You can use any type of pear for this recipe. Bartlett pears, Anjou pears, Bosc pears, or a combination of different varieties will all work.
- If you don’t have rolled oats, you can substitute quick-cooking oats.
- If you don’t have walnuts, you can substitute any other type of nut, or leave them out entirely.
- For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free oats and gluten-free flour.