This Pecan Pie Cheesecake is a creamy, brown sugar-based cheesecake topped with a rich and decadent pecan sauce. A fun and festive dessert to serve over the holidays that looks super awesome yet easy to make!
When I entertain over the holidays, I serve a dessert that everyone likes, like pumpkin meringue pie, molasses cookies, or that fabulous pecan pie cheesecake.
Occasionally, I like to make a fancy dessert for a special occasion, and this pecan cheesecake is my favorite recipe. It’s made with a crispy graham cracker crust, a creamy brown sugar filling and a gooey pecan filling. She always receives rave reviews from family and friends!
How to make a pecan cheesecake?
This recipe begins with a graham cracker crust, which is pressed into the bottom and sides of a springform pan. Bake your crust until golden brown. While the crust is in the oven, prepare the cheesecake filling. Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, then add brown sugar, eggs, heavy cream and vanilla. Pour the filling into the crust and bake in the oven until the filling is set. Cool the cheesecake, then prepare the pecan filling. The topping is a mixture of butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, heavy cream, corn syrup and pecans. Let the topping cool a bit after baking, then pour it over the cheesecake. Slice, serve and enjoy!
HOW TO PREVENT CHEESE CAKE FROM CRACKING?
There is nothing worse than taking your pecan cheesecake out of the oven and finding a giant crack in the middle. Occasionally, cheesecakes will crack, but there are steps you can take to prevent them from cracking. In this case, the top of the cheesecake will be covered with a pecan filling, so that the cracks will be hidden from public view.
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
This pecan pie cheesecake is a creamy brown sugar cheesecake topped with a rich and decadent pecan sauce. A fun and festive dessert to serve over the holidays that looks super impressive but easy to make!
For the dough
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons of melted butter
- cooking spray
- 24 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 9 “springform pan with cooking spray.
- Place graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and butter in a bowl; stir to combine.
- Press the graham cracker mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of the prepared pan.
- Place the crust in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Place the cream cheese and brown sugar in the bowl of a mixer.
- Beat until completely smooth, 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add the flour, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Beat until just combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the baked crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the top is lightly golden and cheesecake is just set.
- Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake rest in the oven for another 60 minutes.
- Run a thin spatula around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen the sides, then place the cheesecake in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to 3 days.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat on the stovetop.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mixture is bubbly.
- Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, heavy cream, and pecans, then cook for another minute, stirring often.
- Remove the pan from the fire.
- Let the pecan mixture cool for 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- Pour the pecan filling over the cheesecake.
- Remove springform pan from cheesecake. Slice and serve.
Calories: 503kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Proteins: 7g | Fat: 30g | Saturated fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 170 mg | Sodium: 404 mg | Potassium: 173 mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 1430 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 114 mg | Iron: 1 mg