Delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Recipe
Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble is a classic dessert that has been enjoyed for many years. It is a combination of sweet and tart flavors that makes it a favorite for all ages. The combination of juicy strawberries and tart rhubarb is a flavor combination that is sure to please. The crunchy topping adds an extra layer of texture that is simply delightful.
- 4 cups of diced rhubarb
- 3 cups of sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix until combined and spread into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter. Using a pastry cutter, mix until the butter is in small pieces. Sprinkle the mixture over the fruit.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
- Allow to cool before serving. Serve with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
- If you find that your crumble topping is not getting as golden brown as you would like, you can turn on the broiler for a few minutes to brown the topping.
- If you don’t have rhubarb, you can substitute it with other fruits such as apples, peaches, or raspberries.
- You can also use other spices such as cardamom or allspice to add a different flavor to the crumble.
To make this recipe gluten-free, simply substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend.
To make this recipe vegan, simply substitute the butter with vegan butter or coconut oil.