The Perfect Chocolate Biscuit Cake Recipe from Tesco
Tesco Chocolate Biscuit Cake is a delicious, indulgent treat that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Made with rich dark chocolate, crunchy biscuits and creamy buttercream, it is an irresistible combination that is sure to please. Whether you’re looking for a special dessert to share with family and friends, or just a sweet treat for yourself, Tesco Chocolate Biscuit Cake is the perfect indulgence.
Tesco Chocolate Biscuit Cake is made with the finest ingredients, including:
- Dark Chocolate
- Vanilla Extract
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
The following steps will help you make a delicious Tesco Chocolate Biscuit Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) round cake tin with butter.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the melted chocolate.
- Sift in the flour and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream. In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, then gradually add the icing sugar and mix until combined.
- When the cake is cool, spread the buttercream over the top and sides. Crush the biscuits and sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tesco Chocolate Biscuit Cake is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed on its own or with other accompaniments. Some ideas include:
- Serve with a dollop of cream or ice cream.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate for an extra indulgent treat.
- Add a sprinkle of chopped nuts for a crunchy contrast.
- Serve with a cup of tea or coffee.
Tips and Tricks
To ensure your Tesco Chocolate Biscuit Cake turns out perfectly, here are some top tips and tricks:
- Use the best quality dark chocolate you can find for the richest flavour.
- If you don’t have any cream cheese, you can use mascarpone or ricotta cheese instead.
- For a lighter cake, replace the butter with vegetable oil.
- For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free flour and biscuits.
Tesco Chocolate Biscuit Cake will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Alternatively, it can be frozen for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature before serving.