The Best Salted Caramel Apple Pie Recipe: Make the Perfect Pie Every Time!
Salted Caramel Apple Pie is a delicious and decadent dessert that is sure to please any crowd. This classic recipe combines the tartness of apples with the sweetness of caramel and a hint of salt to create a pie that is sure to be a hit. Whether you’re serving it for a special occasion or just as an after-dinner treat, this pie is sure to be a hit.
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 3 cups thinly sliced apples (about 3 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and flour. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the apple mixture into the unbaked pie crust and spread it evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter and caramel sauce. Drizzle the mixture over the top of the pie.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Let cool before serving.
This Salted Caramel Apple Pie is best served warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. It also tastes great cold, with a drizzle of caramel sauce or a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. You can also top it with some chopped nuts for a bit of crunch. Enjoy!