The Ultimate Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cider Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze Recipe
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cider Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze is a delicious and flavorful fall treat that is sure to please your family and friends. The combination of sweet apples, cinnamon sugar, and caramel glaze makes this cake a crowd pleaser. It’s the perfect dessert to serve during the fall season or any time of year.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Making the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the apple cider and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chopped apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Sprinkle over the batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Making the Caramel Glaze
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/4 cup butter. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in 1/4 cup apple cider and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.
Enjoy your delicious Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cider Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze!