Tiramisu Recipe with 8 oz Mascarpone
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert made with mascarpone cheese, ladyfingers and espresso. It is a very popular dessert all over the world and is often served as an after-dinner treat. Here is a recipe for an 8 oz mascarpone Tiramisu.
- 1 cup (8 oz) mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons espresso
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 24 ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Step 1: Make the Cream Mixture
- In a large bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, sugar, espresso, vanilla extract, almond extract, brandy, and rum. Beat with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Step 2: Assemble the Tiramisu
- Spread half of the cream mixture in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Dip each ladyfinger into the espresso and arrange them in a single layer over the cream mixture.
- Spread the remaining cream mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- You can also use a 9-inch round cake pan for the Tiramisu.
- For a more intense flavor, use dark rum instead of light rum.
- For a richer flavor, you can add a tablespoon of grated dark chocolate to the cream mixture.
Tiramisu is a delicious dessert that is sure to please any crowd. This 8 oz mascarpone version is sure to be a hit!