Tiramisu Recipe for 10 People
Tiramisu for 10 is an Italian dessert that is made with layers of sponge cake, ladyfingers, mascarpone cheese, and a rich espresso-flavored cream. It’s a favorite among Italian-style desserts and is perfect for sharing with a large group of people. Here’s how to make a delicious Tiramisu for 10.
- 1 pound (450g) mascarpone cheese
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) espresso or strong coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) marsala wine (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) almond extract
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 pound (225g) ladyfingers
- 1/2 pound (225g) sponge cake, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cocoa powder
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the mascarpone cheese and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- In a third bowl, whisk together the espresso, marsala wine, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Add the heavy cream and whisk until combined.
- Arrange the ladyfingers in the bottom of a 9×13 inch (23×33 cm) baking dish. Pour the espresso mixture over the ladyfingers and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers. Arrange the sponge cake cubes over the mascarpone layer.
- Pour the remaining espresso mixture over the sponge cake. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Spread the remaining mascarpone mixture over the sponge cake. Sprinkle the cocoa powder over the top.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut into 10 pieces and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- For a lighter version: Replace the heavy cream with half and half or milk.
- For a richer version: Replace the marsala wine with brandy or cognac.
- For a gluten-free version: Use gluten-free ladyfingers and sponge cake.
Tiramisu for 10 is perfect for special occasions such as birthday parties or family gatherings. Serve it with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder. It can also be served with a glass of sweet dessert wine such as Moscato or Asti.
Tiramisu for 10 can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you plan on storing it longer than that, it’s best to freeze it.