Delicious Ube Tiramisu Recipe: Make it at Home!
Ube Tiramisu Recipe – A creamy and delicious Filipino dessert that you can make at home!
- 2 packs Ladyfinger biscuits
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup ube halaya (Filipino purple yam jam)
- 1/2 teaspoon ube extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup grated ube
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Soak the ladyfingers in the coffee liqueur and set aside.
- In a bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and whip until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ube halaya, ube extract, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Fold the ube mixture into the whipped cream until fully incorporated.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, layer the ladyfingers in the bottom. Spread the ube cream mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Sprinkle the grated ube over the ube cream mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder and 1/4 cup of water and mix until combined. Drizzle the cocoa mixture over the ube tiramisu.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- For a less sweet version, reduce the amount of powdered sugar in the whipped cream.
- If you don’t have coffee liqueur, you can substitute it with cold brewed coffee.
- You can also add other toppings such as chopped nuts, grated chocolate, or shredded coconut.
Ube tiramisu is best served cold. You can top it with extra grated ube, cocoa powder, or chopped nuts for added flavor and texture. It also pairs well with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
Ube tiramisu can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.