Easy Vanilla Mug Cake Recipe: The Perfect Dessert!
Vanilla Mug Cake is an incredibly delicious and simple dessert that you can make in a matter of minutes! It’s perfect for when you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to make a big batch of cake. This recipe is great for one person or two, so it’s perfect for those nights when you want something special but don’t want to make a huge mess in the kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium-sized mug, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- If desired, add the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Microwave for 1 minute, or until the cake is cooked through.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure to use a large enough mug or bowl, as the cake will rise in the microwave.
- For an even more decadent treat, top the mug cake with a dollop of whipped cream.
- This mug cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to customizing your mug cake. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the dry ingredients.
- Swap out the semi-sweet chocolate chips for white chocolate chips.
- Top with a drizzle of melted chocolate.
- Add 1 teaspoon of freshly grated lemon zest to the dry ingredients.
- Swap out the vanilla extract for lemon extract.
- Top with a dollop of lemon curd.
- Add 1/4 cup of shredded coconut to the dry ingredients.
- Swap out the butter for coconut oil.
- Top with a sprinkle of toasted coconut.
No matter what variation you choose, Vanilla Mug Cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!