Vegan Bread Pudding: The Best Recipe for Deliciousness
Vegan Bread Pudding is a traditional comfort food dessert that is easy to make and requires minimal ingredients. The dish is composed of day-old bread, dairy-free milk, and a variety of sweeteners and flavorings, making it a perfect dessert for vegans or those with dairy allergies. Although the traditional version of this dish is usually made with white bread, you can substitute any type of vegan-friendly bread, such as whole-wheat, gluten-free, or sprouted grain. With a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of preparation, you can enjoy a delicious vegan bread pudding that is sure to please.
- 4 cups of cubed vegan-friendly bread
- 2 cups of dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup of vegan-friendly sweetener, such as maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together cubed bread, dairy-free milk, sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, cloves, and salt until everything is evenly combined.
- Fold in raisins or dried cranberries and chopped nuts, if desired.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the center is set.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Vegan bread pudding is best served warm and can be enjoyed as-is or with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream or vegan whipped cream. It can also be topped with additional sweetener, such as maple syrup, agave nectar, or coconut sugar. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also try adding a few tablespoons of peanut butter or almond butter for an extra creamy texture.
- Be sure to use vegan-friendly bread, such as whole-wheat, gluten-free, or sprouted grain.
- If you don’t have any dairy-free milk on hand, you can substitute with coconut milk or any other type of non-dairy milk.
- For a lower-sugar option, try using a sugar-free sweetener, such as stevia or monk fruit.
- You can substitute the raisins or dried cranberries with any type of dried fruit, such as apricots, apples, or blueberries.
- You can also add a few tablespoons of vegan chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate for an extra decadent treat.
Vegan bread pudding is a delicious and easy dessert that can be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of dietary restrictions. With a few simple ingredients and minimal preparation time, you can have a comforting and delicious dessert that is sure to please!