Delicious Xmas Cake Recipe – Quick & Easy!
Christmas Cake Recipe – Delicious, festive, and perfect for the holiday season, a Christmas cake is a must-have for any festive celebration. This easy-to-follow recipe will give you a wonderfully moist, flavorful cake that will be sure to impress your family and friends.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, oil, and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Stir in the vanilla.
- Fold in the walnuts and raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream, if desired.
- You can substitute the raisins for dried cranberries, dried cherries, or dried currants.
- For an extra festive touch, top the cake with a sprinkle of colored sugar crystals.
- For a delicious variation, try adding 1/2 cup of orange or lemon zest to the batter.
The cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. For longer storage, wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.